Without curb appeal, you have no appeal. Want to add some accent colors to your home or put your home on the market soon? Adding in some accent colors to your shutters, pillars & trim is a great start, as well as pressure washing your house too. Add some curb appeal to your home this year or today. Watch my video vlog below for even more suggestions:
Putting Your Home on the Market
When realtors help homeowners get their homes ready to be put up on the market, one of the first things suggested is to get some curb appeal going. Why? Because many savvy and busy professionals won’t even come inside your home if your exterior looks horrible. Also, check the roof to see if the shingles need to be replaced and incorporate them into the design of your curb appeal.
Getting Exterior Details in Order
By doing a few of these projects, you’ll be surprised how much curb appeal it will add:
- Pressure Washing: So many homes have algae or mildew growing on the north side. What a difference it makes to get your home cleaned professionally.
- Are Shutters Right for Your Home: If you have shutters, you might consider replacing them? If you don’t have shutters, ask yourself if adding them to the front of the house will make your home stand out from all the surrounding others? Many types of shutters are out there from the board-and-batten to raised-panel, to louvered shutters. Pick the right style for your home.
- Pick Your Color Wisely: Accent colors are one of the best ways to get your home to really pop from the curbside. You can add accent colors to some or all of the following areas: front door, handrails, spindles, shutters, and wood posts.
Curb Appeal – What Extras Could You Do?
Most people stop at accent colors as their curb appeal solution. But what about driveways, mailboxes, house numbers, and exterior lights?
- Driveway: If you have an asphalt driveway, without a doubt, reseal it immediately. But if you have a concrete driveway, getting it power washed will make it seem a world brighter. You’d be surprised how dirty it is already.
- Mailboxes: Most homeowners forget about their mailbox at the curb. Why not make it stand out by painting it a great accent color? It is right there by the street where your potential buyer is rolling past. Make an instant impression.
- House numbers: Think about changing out your old house numbers for new, larger ones. Some people are having custom made numbers with street names added above their garage doors with backlit lights added too.
- Lights: If you decided not to replace your lights on your house, cleaning them would be just as effective! Cleaning off all the cobwebs and bugs that crawl in them will make your lights look brighter and new.
Curb Appeal – Sweet American Feel
What could be some simple, but personalized touches to your home? Something so simple, but yet brings warm fuzzies to anyone driving by would be adding in an American flag pole or hang an American flag off your front porch or add in some additional flower beds.
Lotz of Logic
Realistically, there are a ton of ways to make your home more appeal from the curbside. Something so simple as cleaning and power washing your home’s siding to adding in an American flag and flowers. Whether you are selling your home or just want to finally get the exterior front side of your home looking amazing, it is truly worth your time to do some of these steps this spring or summer. By following these 7 curb appeal ideas for your home’s exterior, you will be in good shape.
Don’t forget, if you need an estimate on getting your home power washed or get some items done for additional curb appeal, give me a call. My team and I have been serving Orland Park, Homer Glen, Mokena, Frankfort, Tinley Park, New Lenox, Lemont, Orland Hills, Palos Park, St John IN, and all of the Chicago area for 30+ years.