All Videos & Photos
What are some of the most common bathroom problems? Mold, hairspray, and toothpaste on the walls, and peeling paint. Watch the video below by clicking on the middle arrow image to play the full video:
Common Bathroom Problems
So let’s break it down. Below are the 4 common problems, and my suggestions of either how to fix the problems or how to alleviate them in the future:
- Mold – Really, you need to know why you have mold. I can’t say for certain your reason, but the most common is excess water and moisture. Water at the bottom corner near the wall and floor tile. Mold also forms at bathroom ceilings due to poor ventilation.
- Hairspray & Toothpaste – Hairspray has wax. I find that using denatured alcohol works really good. Toothpaste can be cleaned up by warm water or sanding it off.
- Peeling Ceilings – Peeling ceilings generally happens because of poor ventilation. Get that vent fan replaced and see if that fixes the problem for you.
To sum up, take the time to keep your bathroom walls, trim and doors clean of toothpaste and hairspray. When it comes time to repaint in the future, you won’t have a huge problem on your hand. Make it part of your weekly cleaning habits. Trust me! And if you notice your windows starting to show signs of condensation, figure out where you are getting extra water pooling up. Dry up areas on the floor tile when showering, and make sure you have proper and adequate ventilation. This will avoid peeling paint issues on the ceiling.
Give me a call if you need an estimate painting your bathroom walls or ceilings. My team and I have been serving the Chicago area and its suburbs, such as Orland Park, Mokena, Frankfort, Shorewood, Naperville, Plainfield, etc. for 30+ years. If you are searching for the best interior painting contractor near me, give me a call!
There are many master bath ideas when remodeling, so let’s take a further look. Watch the full video below for many more master bathroom remodeling ideas:
Master Bath Ideas When Remodeling
There are just too many master bath ideas when remodeling to list, but let’s look at just a few that will make your bathroom look amazing as well as be very practical:
- Let’s get rid of your large soaker tub and have a walk-in shower installed instead. Make sure, before you get rid of that soaker jet tub, that you have another tub in your home for resale value. If you do, then get rid of that soaker tub and enjoy the many benefits of a walk-in shower.
- Have a proper shower pan poured. If not leveled the correct way, water won’t drain properly and mold and mildew will be your new guests in your bathroom that you don’t want to have.
- Have new exhaust fans installed. Exhaust fans now are pretty fancy with automatic switches and ways to detect excessive moisture in the room. This will prevent peeling of paint up on your ceiling.
I’d love to come out and give you an estimate for your master bathroom remodeling project. My team and I have been serving the Elmhurst, Downers Grove, Lisle, Naperville, Plainfield, Burr Ridge, Hinsdale, LaGrange, and all of Chicago area for 30+ years.
Related Video Links
Blog Link: Master Bath Ideas When Remodeling
One of the most cost effective ways to get more living space in your home is remodeling basement bedroom. Watch the video below:
Remodeling Basement Bedroom
A great way to expand your space is by creating a bedroom for your teenager or college student that wants to needs more privacy. Most college students are living at home longer after graduating, so they are wanting more privacy that basement bedroom can provide.
Even when the children eventually move out, that basement bedroom won’t be wasted. You can turn it into a sewing room, TV room, exercise space, or home office. It is a nice addition to have this extra space when the time is needed down the road.
Give me a call if you want an estimate for remodeling basement bedroom. My team and I have been remodeling and painting the Naperville, Elmhurst, Burr Ridge, Downers Grove, Lisle, Plainfield and all Chicago for over 30+ years.
Related Video Links
Blog Link: Remodeling Basement Bedroom
Our client from Burr Ridge, IL was thrilled with her deck stain and seal project when we were done. She has a family of five who are on the deck all the time and two dogs with nails and dirty paws. Please watch the video to hear her full testimonial:
Deck Stain & Seal
We love hearing feedback from our clients. Our customer was thrilled with her results. She had the following to say about our company:
- On time, on schedule
- Lotz is extremely professional
- Office manager was on top of every detail
- Communication great
- Everything was in writing:
- start date, start time
- Answered all my questions throughout project
- Made no mess; cleaned up daily
- Lotz was referred to this client via a deck building company (can’t get any better recommendation than from a deck company referring you!)
I’d love to come out and give you an estimate for your deck pressure washing, deck staining or replacement of rotten deck boards. My team and I have been serving the Burr Ridge, Hinsdale, and all of Chicago area for 30+ years.
Blog Link: Deck Stain and Seal
Most homes in the Chicago area have a combination of painted baseboards and also stained baseboards. Ninety-five percent of what we are doing is applying an oil based stain. Let’s look at the video below that talks in greater depth about staining and varnishing baseboards:
Staining and Varnishing Baseboards
Because most homes have a combination of both painted and stained trim work, some colors are changing too. It used to be a very dark walnut color throughout. Now, we are seeing more natural tones and weathered wood stains being applied.
95% of what we are applying, still, is oil based stains. If you have pine, poplar, maple, birch, you should be applying a wood conditioner prior to staining. Apply this with a brush or rag. Read your directions on the can for more details.
Watch the video for all the details, because it’s too in depth to write everything out here. But make sure you are addressing issues such as
- Wiping off excess conditioner
- How long you want to let wood conditioner sit on wood
- Applying sanding sealer
- Filling nail holes
- Sanding between coats
Give me a call at the office at 815-260-6773 if you want to get an estimate for your interior staining of your trim work (baseboards, wood trim around windows, crown molding, staircase wood). I’d be happy to help you out. My team and I have been serving the Elmhurst, Plainfield, Naperville, Lincoln Park, Lisle, Downers Grove, Woodridge, and all of Chicago for over 30+ years.
Related Staining & Painting Videos